So this is a family staple...Shepherd's Pie. There are many different ways to make it but this is how I've made it for years (a mix of my mom's recipe and my additions).
1. 1# hamburger, browned (with onion flakes-opt.) and drained
2. 1 can cream of mushroom soup
3. Mix these together in a 2qt baking dish
4. Layer 1/2 bag frozen corn and 1/2 bag of frozen green beans or use a bag of mixed veggies if you like
5. Spread on top of that 4-6 servings of homemade mashed potatoes, which is about 2# of potatoes
6. Cover the top with Shredded Cheddar
7. Bake 375* for 35-40 minutes, or till cooked through
Serve with buttered bread and applesauce!