Sunday, January 29, 2012

COCONUT OIL DEODORANT

I both applied it using an old deodorant container and also by putting it in a small container and apply with my fingers. I am very excited!  I have struggled with anything natural working for me, so I was a bit skeptical.  I have tried many, many different kinds over the years and wanted so badly to get away from anything with Aluminum in it (which all Antiperspirants have in them), but just couldn't stand how I would stink!   I do have some wetness sometimes, but NO ODOR with it!  I followed the directions exactly, and I'm happy to report that it was a success.  It does make a lot, so feel free to half the recipe as best you can. You can play around with the Soda/Corn starch amounts to see what fits your body best.  I tend to add one more tablespoon of Soda than Corn starch. For more sensitive skin, use Arrowroot Powder in place of Corn Starch, and use less Soda.

Here is the link...
http://survivingthestores.com/homemade-coconut-oil-deodorant.html

So if you ever experience mild irritation, try some of these suggestions. 
http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1248042/irritation-from-homemade-deodorant
**If you have especially sensitive skin, increase the amount of cornstarch to 6T and decrease the baking soda to 2T.


No comments:

Post a Comment