This recipe is from my mom, who found it in a catalog years ago. This makes a wonderful tomato sauce base for making your own Speghetti Sauce, Pizza Sauce, use in Chili, Tomato Soup, etc.
1. Wash tomatoes (any variety you have) and de-stem, cut off bad parts, etc.(if using large tomatoes, cut into smaller pieces)
2. Fill a roaster or cast iron dutch oven as full as possible, then cover with lid
3. Put in oven at 350 degrees for 4 hours, covered
4. Remove pan from oven and dump tomatoes into another pan, removing some of the extra water on top
5. Puree tomatoes in a blender and pour back into the roaster
6. Put back in the oven for another 4 hours UNCOVERED
7. Carefully pour sauce into jars, ADD 1tsp Seasoning Salt to each jar and Can as usual
No peeling necessary!